a/d® Canine/Feline Critical Care
At Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help dogs and cats in recovering process.
Highly digestible ingredients and extra calories to help during recovery
Highly digestible proteins to help wound and tissue healing, preserving lean body mass and promoting a healthy immune system
Increased level of potassium to help avoid depletion
Highly palatability with a soft consistency aids acceptance by inappetant pets and gives flexibility in feeding — by bowl, spoon, syringe or feeding tube
c/d® Multicare Feline Bladder Health
For the Nutritional Management of Cats with Feline Lower Urinary Tract Disease (FLUTD)
Caused by struvite uroliths or urethral plugs, calcium oxalate uroliths, or feline idiopathic cystitis (FIC). FLUTD is often associated with inflammation of the urinary bladder and urethra. It is characterized by clinical signs such as urinating outside the litter box, frequent attempts to urinate, and/or straining to urinate. Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Feline is formulated to provide nutritional management of cats with the 3 most common causes of FLUTD including FIC, struvite uroliths or urethral plugs, and calcium oxalate uroliths.
Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Feline pet food contains controlled levels of magnesium, calcium and phosphorus, to reduce building blocks of crystals and uroliths. Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Feline also generates an environment that is unfavorable for the development of uroliths due to the addition of antioxidants, Vitamin E and beta-carotene. Prescription Diet® c/d® Multicare Feline contains healthy levels of salt to avoid aggravating undiagnosed kidney disease and has high levels of omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil that help break the inflammatory cycle associated with the most common causes of FLUTD.
- Controlled levels of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and oxalate to help limit the building blocks of crystals and bladder stones
- Rich in fish oil – an excellent source of Omega-3 fatty acids – to help promote healthy skin and a shiny coat
- Added potassium citrate to help interrupt bladder stone formation
- Increased levels of vitamin B6 to help decrease oxalate formation
- Low sodium to maintain normal blood pressure
- High in antioxidants (Vitamin E and Beta-Carotene) to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
d/d® Feline Skin Support
There can be a variety of reasons for your cat’s itchy, scratchy skin condition, including sensitivities to food. The good news is, most cats with these skin conditions can benefit from simply eating the right food.
At Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help cats with a variety of skin conditions, and digestive discomfort due to food sensitivity.
- Highly digestible single intact animal protein source and single carbohydrate source to help avoid common food sensitivities
- High levels of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids that help nourish the skin and coat
- Combination of antioxidants helps maintain a healthy immune system and skin barrier function
- Two different novel protein sources to provide more choices in managing food sensitivity
i/d® Feline Gastrointestinal Health
Dietary indiscretion, food allergies, or lack of digestive enzymes can affect your cat’s digestive health. Efficient digestion is essential for your cat to be able to build and repair tissues and obtain energy, and for these reasons it is important to feed a food that is formulated to help support digestive health.
At Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help manage cats with digestive health problems. Due to its easily digestible ingredients, Prescription Diet® i/d® may also be helpful for cat recovering from gastrointestinal upset and routine surgery.
- Highly digestible protein and fat to help assimilate nutrients and repair tissues faster
- Mixed fiber source to help maintain gastrointestinal health
- Optimal balance of nutrients to help replenish the body and help encourage recovery
- Added antioxidants to help control cell oxidation
j/d® Feline Mobility
Hill’s® Prescription Diet® j/d® Feline is the first clinically proven therapeutic food for cats with mobility issues available in the U.S. It is clinically proven to help cats be more active in 28 days.
- Hill’s® Prescription Diet® j/d® Feline is clinically proven to help cats be more active in 28 days.
- Prescription Diet® j/d® Feline contains omega-3 fatty acids, which nourish cartilage.
- Controlled phosphorus and high levels of omega-3 fatty acids help maintain kidney health.
- High carnitine helps burn fat while maintaining lean muscle mass.
k/d® Feline Renal Health
Kidneys are very important because they remove waste substances from the blood, and maintain the normal balance of fluid and minerals within the body. Once kidney damage occurs, the consequences are usually irreversible.
Because the right nutrition can positively impact your pet’s quality of life, Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians developed Prescription Diet® k/d®, clinical nutrition especially formulated to support your cat’s kidney health. In fact, k/d is clinically tested to improve quality of life in cats.
- Reduced levels of protein to help reduce kidney workload
- Reduced phosphorus to help maintain healthy kidney function and minimize stress on kidneys
- Reduced sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Increased levels of omega-3 fatty acids to support kidney health
- Increased levels of B-complex vitamins to compensate urinary losses
- Added antioxidants to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
l/d® Feline Hepatic Health
The liver is your cat’s largest internal organ with many functions, including the digestion and conversion of nutrients, the removal of toxic substances from the blood and the storage of vitamins and minerals. The liver has an amazing ability to repair and regenerate itself, and nutrition plays a vital role in this process.
At Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help support your cat’s liver function during its healing process.
- High quality and highly digestible protein in moderate quantities to help reduce liver workload and helps maintain liver function
- Added L-Carnitine to help maintain normal fat metabolism in the liver
- Reduced in sodium to help maintain normal blood pressure
- Added antioxidant nutrients like vitamin E and C to control cell oxidation and promote a healthy immune system
r/d® Feline Weight Loss-Low Calorie
Almost 50% of the pet population is overweight. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding.
Many commercial pet foods are loaded with salt and fat, which improve the taste but also have dramatic effects on your cat’s weight and overall health. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
At Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to reduce cats’ body fat by up to 20% in three months, while keeping him or her satisfied.
- Clinically proven nutrition to reduce body fat by up to 20% in just 3 months (dry only)
- Low fat and high fiber decrease caloric intake, which helps reduce body fat
- High natural fiber levels satisfy pets while losing weight
- High levels of carnitine to help burn fat while maintaining lean muscle mass
- Delicious taste for easy transition from your cat’s current food
w/d® Feline Low Fat-Diabetic-Gastrointestinal
Some cats can be more prone to gain weight than others. Weight problems can be successfully managed through changes in your cat’s food.
At Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to provide complete and balanced nutrition to manage cats prone to weight gain. Prescription Diet® w/d® also helps cats maintain normal blood glucose levels and promotes healthy digestion.
- Low in calories and fat to maintain weight once cats have achieved their ideal weight
- High levels of carnitine to increase energy metabolism and burn fat while increasing lean muscle mass
- Low fat to help diabetic cats maintain appropriate weight
- Moderately high fiber levels provide a feeling of fullness
- Helps stabilize and minimize fluctuation of blood glucose levels in diabetic cats
- Added antioxidants to support a healthy immune system
z/d® Feline Low Allergen
Food allergy and intolerance are potentially serious problems that can result in sensitive or irritated skin, coat and ear conditions or even gastrointestinal upset. Cats that have a food allergy or intolerance, also called adverse reactions to food, typically experience an abnormal response to the protein in the food. If your cat suffers from adverse reactions to food, it is even more important to feed the right food.
At Hill’s, nutritionists and veterinarians have developed clinical nutrition especially formulated to help manage your cat’s dietary sensitivity and help reduce the possibility of adverse reactions to food.
- Formulated with Hill’s Hydrolyzed Protein System™, highly digestible proteins that minimize the chances of allergic reactions to food
- A single, highly digestible carbohydrate source to help avoid common food allergens
- Highly digestible carbohydrates and fats to help reduce gastrointestinal workload
- Increased omega 3 and 6 Fatty Acids to help nourish the skin
- Added antioxidants to help maintain a healthy immune system and skin barrier function